The warmer weather that comes with summer always makes me start craving for aguas frescas. Aguas frescas means fresh water or cool water in Spanish and it is a fitting name. Easy to make and easy to drink 🙂
Blending fruit, water and sugar (and seeds, cereals, flowers if you prefer) creates a light, refreshing non-alcoholic drink that can be enjoyed on a sunny afternoon and without guilt. What more could you ask for?
I’m going to share my favourite agues frescas recipes, made in my Vitamix (of course!). First up: Cucumber Lime Aguas Frescas.
You will want to ensure you have a fine mesh strainer to run the mixture through once you are done blending if your blender can’t reach the desired consistency. Otherwise, blend away and then sit back with your feet up and enjoy.
- 1 lb cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar or 1/3 teaspoon liquid Stevia
- Add all ingredients to the Blender and puree.
- Strain into pitcher filled with ice.
- Serve in a glass accompanied by sliced cucumber and limes.