The past week flew by – can’t believe it is Sunday already and the start of another new week. I don’t want to scare you all but I was in one of the local malls today and they were unpacking Christmas decorations. No joke…this is for real. Please don’t let them start streaming carols over the loud system yet.
Please note: This post includes affiliate links which means if you click on one of the product links I may receive compensation from the seller, at no additional cost to you.
- A White Grape Sangria – We were in Niagara Falls (Canadian side) staying at the Hilton Fallsview. We enjoyed a few drinks in the Spyce Lounge and this drink was choked full of fresh berries: raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. This Sangria includes white grape vodka, white wine, berries and topped off with white cranberry juice. While sipping on our drinks we were also introduced to a great local Hip-Hop/Rock/Ska/Funk Band called Theatre Crisp. I’m going to try whipping up my own white grape sangria slush version as soon as I get to the LCBO. I’ve got my fingers crossed that they stock white grape vodka.
- This Spicy Almond Chicken Pho from Cotter Crunch. Lindsay’s photos and recipes always call to me and this one has a spicy broth that is mixed up in the blender. I’m also a little jealous that Lindsay has the Vitamix Pro 780 even though I love my own Vitamix Pro 750 and am not in the market for an upgrade.
- These blue and green Hummingbird Glass Straws. They are so cute and I use a lot of straws – really need to do my part for the environment.
- The newest addition to our family: Opie. She is a cockerpoo and already a much loved member of our household. I promise not to turn this into a puppy blog but I will be looking for some homemade puppy treat recipes in the near future. Here is a pic to make you go “awww”. Sorry for the poor quality – this was taken with the ipad.
- All the pumpkin recipes I’m seeing on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook. This is my favourite food season!
- Adding a pinch of chili powder to hot chocolate or hot mocha drinks. Even Starbucks is serving up Chili Mochas now as part of their Fall line up – make your own at home and skip the whipped cream to make a lighter version. Tip: a little chili goes a long way. I make them in my Vitamix by adding espresso, dark chocolate chips, milk and pinch of chili powder and hit the “soup” setting. It is frothy, spicy and delicious and hits all my chocolate cravings.
Have a great week everyone.